What is Erectile Dysfunction Therapy?
It’s easy to start your journey to a happier and healthier sexual life. Erectile dysfunction therapy is a safe, comfortable treatment for men that can help improve sexual performance.
Erectile dysfunction therapy utilizes painless, high-frequency, low-intensity sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis. The procedure uses a specific protocol designed to optimize efficacy, safety, and results.
Ideal candidates for erectile dysfunction (ED) therapy are men who are in good general health but are concerned with ED caused by poor blood flow to the penis.
It’s easy to start your journey to a happier and healthier sexual life.
How It Works
Erectile dysfunction therapy is a comfortable, revolutionary male sexual performance procedure that uses low-intensity sound waves to improve sexual function in men who suffer from erectile dysfunction. The treatment may also be referred to as low-intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy (LI-ESWT) or acoustic wave therapy.
The procedure breaks up plaque formation in blood vessels and stimulates the growth of new blood vessels in the penis, improving blood flow and sexual function. In addition, the procedure may activate the growth of new nerve tissue in the penis. This process is called neurogenesis, and it can help enhance sensitivity.
Patients should arrive 30 minutes prior to their first appointment for the application of numbing cream. You may apply numbing cream at home before any subsequent sessions. You may feel a slight tingling during your treatment but no discomfort. The device handpiece is placed at the target site, and the sound waves are emitted in low-intensity bursts.
Erectile dysfunction therapy is a pain-free, non-invasive procedure that uses pulsed sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis. The treatment is nonsurgical, and provides long-lasting results. Each treatment session lasts between 20 and 30 minutes. We typically recommend a series of six to 12 sessions to start. The total number of treatments will depend on several factors. Maintenance treatments are recommended.
There is no downtime or recovery period needed. You may return to your regular activities immediately after your appointment.
Acoustic wave therapy encourages the growth of new blood vessels, breaks up plaque formations in the existing vessels, and may help activate stem cells and new cell growth. By increasing blood flow to the penis, patients will experience stronger, harder, and more sustainable erections. Results are meant to be long lasting. However, results may vary between patients. We will discuss your treatment plan and anticipated outcome with you during your consultation appointment.
*Results vary based on a patient’s medical condition and age and may take a few months to obtain.
Trouble Shooting: ‘My pellets didn’t work last time’
The most common reasons NOT to get the ‘great results’ you have experienced in the past are:
- Stress: Increased stress, either physical or mental, will definitely affect how you feel physically and emotionally. Stress can even cause hot flashes. Stress can affect how long the pellets last. Symptoms may return several weeks sooner.
- Medications: Anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, sleeping pills, blood pressure and other medications have side effects and can interfere with the effects of testosterone therapy. Side effects include: decreased libido and sexual performance, fatigue, anxiety, hot flashes, disruption of sleep patterns, memory problems, weight gain and depression.
- Diet: A diet high in refined foods & processed carbohydrates and low in fat will definitely affect the result you get with testosterone. Fatigue, irritability and anxiety may be diet related. Whole foods, good fats and protein can beneficially affect mood and energy. Testosterone increases muscle mass and gets rid of fat deposits. Refined carbohydrates/whole grains can prevent weight loss usually seen with testosterone therapy.
- Lack of Consistent Exercise: Aerobic exercise is a remarkable stress reliever. It increases energy and metabolism and decreases anxiety. Exercise improves sleep patterns. The best results from pellets are seen in people who exercise.
- Lack of Sunlight: The lack of sunlight will affect mood, sense of well-being and physical energy. Lack of sunlight and subsequent low levels of Vitamin D are detrimental to health.
- Estrogen Dominance: Fluid retention, weight gain, breast pain, anxiety, PMS, insulin resistance, and lack of ‘sense of well being’ are all symptoms of excess estrogen.
Often complaints of ‘pellets not working’ occur during the winter months. The stress of the holidays, change in diets, lack of sunlight, and change in activity level can all affect how you feel both mentally and physically. Some patients do much better with a higher dose of testosterone in the winter months, especially those with ‘seasonal affective disorder’.
The body makes healthy levels of estragon by converting testosterone to estradiol. If estrogen levels become too high, the symptoms of estrogen dominance may manifest themselves. Exercise, whole foods, fiber, losing weight and getting rid of refined carbohydrates can help lower estrogen levels. Occasionally a medication may be prescribed or given with the testosterone in the implant to reduce estrogen excess.
The implant always delivers a steady stream of testosterone.
Instructions for Patients Taking Cortef
Cortef is a hormone made in the adrenal gland. Symptoms of cortisol deficiency include:
- Fatigue, especially in the afternoon
- Sugar/Salt cravings
- Low blood sugar
- Allergies, asthma, sinusitis
- Chemical sensitivity (perfume, detergents, odors), eczema
- Aches, pains (especially neck and back)
- Muscle stiffness, joint pain, arthritis
- Hives, itching, skin sensitivity, reaction to bug bites, acne
- Weak immune system, repeated infections, pneumonia
- Autoimmune diseases, thyroiditis, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease
- Low blood pressure, low fluid volume (dehydrate easily)
Cortef is usually prescribed in 5 to 10 mg tablets given two to three times daily for a total daily dose of 15-20 mg. This dose does not have the side effects of ‘steroid therapy.’ This is important for you to understand because you will receive information from the pharmacy that describes the ‘side effects’ of steroids. Some health care providers are not aware of the difference between therapeutic replacement doses of cortef and ‘steroids’. Cortef does not cause these side-effects.
Cortef 5 mg may be taken three times daily with meals. Some people prefer to take it twice daily, 20 mg in the morning and 5 -10 mg around 4 pm. Because cortef is a natural hormone it will not interfere with taking any other medication. If you develop a respiratory infection or go through a period of extreme stress you may need to temporarily increase your dose of cortef (up to 20 mg four times daily).
Thyroid Therapy Redlands
Levothyroxine or USP thyroid may be prescribed if thyroid-stimulated hormone is elevated. ½ dose is taken on an empty stomach for 4 days, followed by the whole dose. Follow up thyroid blood levels are tested 2-3 months following the initiation of thyroid therapy or a change in dosage. The dose must be lowered or discontinued if the patient experiences the following side effects.
- Anxiety, nervousness, agitation, sweating
- Insomnia, headaches
- Rapid heartbeat, palpitations, rapid pulse
- Pain or tightness in chest
- Hair loss
Signs & Symptoms Associated with Hypothyroidism
- Fatigue (morning)
- Weight gain
- Cold extremities, intolerance to cold
- Edema around ankles or below eyes
- Muscle aches, headaches
- Poor concentration, memory loss
- Dry, rough skin
- Orange tint to palms and soles, pallor
- Dry, thinning hair
Conditions Associated with Hypothyroidism
- Chest pain
- Elevated cholesterol
- Irregular menstrual cycles, infertility
- PMS, fibrocystic breast disease
- Psoriasis, urticarial
- Allergies, asthma, rhinitis.
Lisette Lind, Licensed Aesthetician
Darlene has been in the nursing field since 1971. She got her LVN in 1973 from East Los Angeles College. She worked in OB/GYN for 14 years. She has assisted Dr. Apodaca in the Cosmetic field for the last 13 years. She is a well round employee; she covers the front desk, assist Dr. Apodaca on all non-invasive procedures and is the circulating nurse in the OR. Darlene has a loving and nurturing mannerism which all of the clients love!
Lorenzo A. Apodaca, M.D
Dr. Apodaca graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, where he received his residency training and Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He studied under Dr. Amar, the founder of the F.A.M.I. procedure, and served as an Assistant Professor at UCLA in Obstetrics and Gynecology before entering private practice. With over twenty-five years of extensive experience, performing a high volume of major surgeries each year, Dr. Apodaca is ideally qualified to perform Abdominoplasty and Liposculpture. Dr. Apodaca is a member of the American Academy of Liposuction, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Academy of Cosmetic Breast Surgery. Dr. Apodaca’s passion is to provide the best care at a reasonable cost.
Women’s Health Redlands
Menopause – Hormone Balancing for Women
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and pre-menopause. Hormone fluctuation, diet and lifestyle all play a role in the onset and severity of hot flashes. Meditation, stress reduction, high fiber diets, and testosterone pellet implants can all relieve hot flashes in the majority of women.
Female Testosterone Implant Treatment
Testosterone pellets in women relieve hot flashes, decrease vaginal dryness, increase libido, increase bone density, and relieve depression.
Testosterone pellets deliver testosterone for three to four months on average. Testosterone stimulates the bone marrow to produce red blood cells. Estrogen pellet and also progesterone in pellet form may be given along with testosterone as a vaginal cream to treat vaginal discomfort. CNP prior to the procedure, if you have a history of heavy menstrual flow, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids or have required a D&C or endometrial ablation in the past.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!